Politics are the topic. What do you have to say?

Boston

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Avatar

OK... I am oficially ticked of at the LBGT community for protesting Avatar because the writers did not include a character representative of the LBGT community. Before I move forward, I want to point out that I had an uncle and a cousin who were both gay. Sadly, they both have passed on to the next phase of existence and are no longer with us in body. I believe they are with us in spirit though and I also think that if they could be heard today, they would tell the protesters to consider the level of hypocrisy in which they are engaged.

FORTUNATELY... the LBGT community is almost universal in its condemnation of what appears to be a small minority of unfocused zealots who obviously don't have a lot on their plates right now.

If you're a member of that community, take the advice of a recent law school graduate: protest something that actually matters. Don't waste energy speaking out against a science fiction movie that is set on a fictitious planet with fictitious aliens.

No comments:

Post a Comment